Immigration Services in Brooklyn, NY
Client-Centric Immigration Representation in New York & New Jersey
No matter how straightforward your goals may seem, navigating the U.S. immigration system is rarely an easy task. Whether you are looking to obtain a green card or learn you are being placed in deportation proceedings, you need a legal advocate who understands the law and is ready to fight for you.
At Usher Law Group, our attorneys have over a decade of legal experience and can offer the honest, pragmatic advice you need to accomplish your objectives. Our team routinely takes on extremely complex cases and knows how to effectively handle many types of immigration scenarios. We are fully invested in your future in the United States and will leverage the entirety of our resources to obtain the favorable outcomes you deserve.
If you are looking to live and work in the United States, our lawyers at Usher Law Group can help you understand your immigration options. We frequently help our clients obtain green cards and become lawful permanent residents. Our firm can also help you explore relief options if your immigration status is in jeopardy.
Our immigration services in Brooklyn, NY, include assistance with:
- Family-Based Immigration. To get a green card through family-based immigration, you will need an eligible relative who is willing to sponsor you. This family member must already be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. You may face a significantly long wait if you are applying as a “family preference” relative. “Immediate relative” applicants receive priority and can request their visas as soon as their family petitions are processed.
- Deportation Defense. You could be targeted for removal from the United States if the government believes you do not have valid immigration status or if you violate a condition of your visa. You may receive an official summons called a “Notice to Appear” (NTA), or you might be arrested by immigration authorities. In either scenario, you will have an opportunity to request any relief you qualify for, including family-based immigration, asylum, or cancellation of removal.
- Crimmigration. The intersection of criminal law and immigration law is known colloquially as “crimmigration.” Immigrants are required by law to maintain “good moral character,” and any criminal conviction – no matter how insignificant – could be interpreted to be a violation of this obligation. Thus, any criminal conviction can threaten your ability to stay in the United States, even if you are a lawful permanent resident. If you are charged with a crime, it is in your best interest to discuss your case with someone who understands the potential immigration implications.
- Asylum & Refugee Relief. You may qualify for protection in the United States if you have faced persecution in your home country or reasonably fear future persecution if you return to your country of origin. This persecution must be due to your race, religion, nationality, political opinions, or membership in a particular social group. You will seek refugee status if you have fled your country of origin and are outside the United States. If you are already in the U.S., you can “affirmatively” seek asylum protection within one year of your entering the country. You can also “defensively” seek asylum at a U.S. port of entry or during removal proceedings.
- Employment & Investor-Based Immigration. You can get a green card through a U.S. employer if they are willing to sponsor you and can obtain a labor certification. You will need a job offer unless you have recognized extraordinary ability in your professional field or qualify for a National Interest Waiver. Professionals with advanced degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and varying levels of training can all potentially qualify for employment-based visas. You can also obtain a green card through investment if you provide at least $1,050,000 to a U.S.-based company (or $800,000 to a company in a preapproved rural or high-unemployment area). Your investment must generate (or in some cases protect) at least ten jobs.
I highly recommend him for all of your legal needs.
“Michael is a very knowledgeable attorney that fights hard to get his clients the best results. I highly recommend him for all of your legal needs.”
I love this firm!
“I love this firm! They handle my immigration matter so quickly and they treated me like family. Mr. usher is a wonderful lawyer. If you have any immigration problems you should go to Usher Law Group PC to get them fixed.”
My family and I have used Mikhail Usher to handle multiple cases for us and always pleased with the outcome
“My family and I have used Mikhail Usher to handle multiple cases for us and always pleased with the outcome. We have used him for our immigration case, debt/ creditor issues, and a real estate closing. He was very pleasant to chat with at the consultation. Paralegals always answer the phone quickly and return call quickly as well.”
I highly recommend Usher Law Group to everyone for any legal need or advice
“I highly recommend Usher Law Group to everyone for any legal need or advice. They are extremely knowledgeable, quick at filing your case and constantly follow up with you regarding any updates. I have personally used them for over a decade now for several areas including immigration, real estate and civil litigation. What sets them apart is their lead attorney, Mike is relentless in pursuing the most satisfactory resolution for your case no matter the obstacles or circumstances.”
What more can i ask for?
“Best lawyer I have ever had the privilege of hiring. He know what he is doing, takes pride in his work and has very reasonable prices. What more can i ask for?”